Code of Ethics
This code is established to promote and maintain the highest professional standards of service and conduct among the membership of MGCSA. Steadfastly maintaining these principles will accrue to the membership a level of recognition and respect justly deserved of those who come into contact with any member. Through high regard for, and a strong enforcement of the code, membership in this Association will be deemed a significant indicator of individual responsibility, character and professionalism.
AS A MEMBER OF THE MINNESOTA GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENTS’ ASSOCIATION I ACCEPT AND FULLY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE AND PLEDGE MYSELF TO:
1. Recognize and discharge all my responsibilities and duties in such a fashion as to be a credit to this Association and profession.
2. Practice and insist upon sound business and turf management principles in exercising the responsibilities of my position.
3. Utilize every practical opportunity to expand my professional knowledge, thereby improving my profession and myself.
4. Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to reflect credit and add to the stature of the profession of golf course superintendent.
5. Base endorsements, either written or verbal by means of any medium, strictly upon satisfactory personal experiences within the item identified.
6. Refrain from encouraging or accepting considerations of any value without the express understanding of all parties that said consideration is available to all in similar circumstances, and that no actions shall be forthcoming as a result of acceptance.
7. Recognize and observe the highest standards of integrity in my relationship with fellow golf course superintendents and others associated with the profession and industry.
8. Assist my fellow superintendents in all ways consistent with my abilities, only when called upon to do so and with the incumbent superintendent’s knowledge, participation and acceptance.
9. Abstain from the debasement of, or encroachment upon, the professional reputation, practice or employment of another superintendent.
10. Lend my support to, and actively participate in, the efforts of my local chapter and national association to improve public understanding and recognition of the profession of golf course superintendent.
11. Abstain from any exploitation of my Association, industry or profession.
12. Present information and participate, as a witness in all proceedings to which there exists evidence of a violation of this Code of Ethics.