CEDAR RIVER GOLF COURSE – ADAMS, MN
Cedar River Golf Course is a public 18-hole golf course. It offers annual golf memberships and it also is a daily fee course. The golf course is located 1 mile west of Adams, MN. The golf course has multiple water hazards, slight elevation changes and mature tree lined fairways. The golf course first opened in 1969.
We have an immediate opening for a Superintendent in Training position. Our current Superintendent will be retiring at the end of the2021 golf season. We are looking to hire an individual to train thru the rest of 2021 season with the intention of continuing as the course Superintendent in 2022, This is a full time salaried position that can be structured as a year round position or seasonal if you prefer.
The Superintendent works closely with and reports to The Board of Directors. The position is responsible for maintaining and improving the golf course while working within established budgets.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Scheduling, training, supervision of the seasonal staff.
- Pesticide and fertilizer applications and calibration of equipment.
- Schedule and maintain irrigation system.
- Preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Repair of equipment and maintain our golf cart fleet.
- Assist with daily course set-up and operations.
- Aid in the planning and completion of course and club projects.
- Participate in club capital purchases and budgeting.
- Advanced knowledge of agronomy and turf grass management practices.
- Prior work experience in the golf course industry would be a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to repair equipment on site.
- Must possess or have ability to obtain MDA pesticide applicators license.
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, positive attitude, motivated, energetic leader, with a high attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license.
Salary: Minimum starting wage for a fully qualified candidate - negotiable based on work experience.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Please e-mail or send cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: Cedar River Golf Course – P.O. Box 311 – Adams, MN 55909
Copyright © 2018 Minnesota Golf Course Superintendents Association, All rights reserved.
Designed by Parsons Marketing Concepts